Grand Teton Winter Wildlife Eco-Tours
Sunrise and Sunset Winter Wildlife EcoTours
Discover the winter splendor of Jackson Hole and Grand Teton National Park during the best wildlife viewing hours of the day. You may peek in on a moose and her calf as they greet the day or photograph that bighorn sheep as it scales the snowy cliffs and craggy areas of Miller Butte.
On these 4 hour sunrise or sunset educational tours you will explore the wildlife hotspots in the comfort of our four wheel drive vehicle, which will be put to the test exploring some of the lesser traveled roads. Plan on intriguing observation of the wildlife and the dramatic natural environment of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem followed by a wealth of interesting information provided by our professional guides.
You will have the opportunity to observe the wildlife with quality binoculars and spotting scopes as these animals endure the harsh Wyoming winter.
The best in winter wildlife viewing might include: Moose, Elk, Bald and Golden Eagles, Bighorn Sheep, Bison, Wolves, Coyotes, Trumpeter Swans, and Mule Deer to name a few. We will learn how these animals coexist and how they adapt to their physical environment as we tour Jackson Hole and Grand Teton National Park.
Topics of conversation on our winter EcoTours include winter ecology, animal behavior, winter animal adaptations, snow science, geology of the area ,and the cultural history of this amazing place to name a few.
An expedition with EcoTour Adventures will emphasize the importance of being a diligent steward of the land by enhancing your appreciation of your natural environment. Call (307) 690-9533 for more details or ask about out customized private trips.
· An Experienced and Professional guide to provide a great introduction to this great place we call Jackson Hole
· Professional quality Binoculars and Spotting Scopes
· Visual aids, field guides, and different specimens to help with a hands on learning approach
· A donation to one of the three listed Non-profits, that you choose through our Dollars for Conservation Program (this is at no extra charge to you)
· Pickup in town at your hotel or a convenient meeting place
. A light breakfast on the sunrise tours
. Healthy snacks that will be organic and locally produced when possible.
· Hot and Cold beverages
· A comfortable and four wheel drive vehicle that operates on Bio-Diesel
Time: approximately. 4 hrs. long
Pickup times vary with the season to maximize wildlife encounters. Call for times!
Group size:A maximum of 7 guests on each eco-tour, each participant is offered a window seat. A total of 10 participants may join if from the same group.
Tour Cost: 125.00 per adult 95.00 per child 10 and under
Capture the essence of winter in Jackson Hole and in the Grand Teton National Park by treating yourself to a full day of discovery, memorable experiences and fun with Eco-Tour Adventures. Photographic opportunities of the ecosystem are world class. You will reach for your camera as you observe that moose prowling the snow covered valley floor in search of his next meal, or as you gaze at the brilliant winter sun as it makes its dramatic departure behind the snow capped Tetons.
This tour will begin around sunrise to maximize wildlife sightings while traveling in the comfort of a four wheel drive vehicle. Your educated naturalist will take you on some of the lesser traveled roads to the wildlife hot spots where you will then enjoy a light breakfast. Mid day you will be treated to a relaxing lunch at either Dornans , overlooking the meandering Snake River or at the Rising Sage Cafe (featured in 'The Best Of' by the Food Network) overlooking the Elk Refuge.
Following lunch your tour will take you to the incredibly beautiful Grand Teton National Park. At times we may leave the parking lot behind for an outdoor naturalist experience to explore the wonders of winter in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem on a closer and more personal level by taking short walks. Depending upon winter conditions we may use snowshoes, no previous experience needed!
Our guides will also implement their Animal Tracking knowledge to stimulate your interest in some of the characteristics and habits of both large and small animal species. Animal Tracking is a worthwhile educational endeavor for those interested in wildlife. Some of the animals that you may see and track are: Moose, Elk, Grouse, Bighorn Sheep, Bison, Wolves, Coyotes, Mule Deer, Pine Martens, Snowshoe Hares, to name a few. While touring Jackson Hole and Grand Teton National Park you will learn how these animals coexist and how they adapt to their physical environment.
Topics of conversation on our winter eco-tours will include winter ecology, animal behavior, winter animal adaptations, snow science, geology of the area , and the cultural history of this amazing place to name a few. Come to Jackson Hole with an inquiring mind and Eco Tour Adventures promises that you will leave with stimulated senses and an enriched spirit. Call (307) 690-9533 for more details or to ask about our customized trips.
- An Experienced and Professional guide to give you a great introduction to this great place we call Jackson Hole
- Professional quality Binoculars and Spotting Scopes
- Visual aids, field guides, and different specimens to help with a hands on learning approach
- A donation to one of the three listed Non-profits, that you choose through our Dollars for Conservation Program (this is at no extra charge to you)
- Pickup in town at your hotel or a convenient meeting place
- A healthy light breakfast and mid morning and mid afternoon snacks that will be organically and locally produced when possible.
- Lunch at either Dornans or The Rising Sage
- Hot and Cold beverages
- A comfortable 4x4 safari style vehicle where everyone is guaranteed a window seat
Time: approximately 8 hrs long. Pickup times vary with the season to maximize wildlife encounters. Call for times.
Group size: These tours are all private to ensure your desired experience. Everyone is guaranteed a window seat if there are 7 or less in the group.
Price: $840 for a group of 1-5 guests, $210 per additional guest up to a total of 7 guests. No charge for the 8th, 9th or 10th guest.
Book Your Trip Today!